I've returned--sort of

| | Comments (1)
I've been home since very late Friday night, but I'm not sure all of me has been! Two intense days of travel really knocked me back a ways, but I'm finally catching up with myself again, though I still feel part of me is somewhere over Kansas, if not the Atlantic!

I left Marbella headed to the airport in Malaga early Thursday morning in the dark and the pouring rain, but thankfully, I had a wonderful taxi driver who is the brother of someone who works at the clinic and he was very helpful and kept me from getting soaked. What might have been a tense ride in the deluge was made pleasant because of his extreme care in driving and his kind assistance. He even went into the terminal and got a wheelchair for me and brought my bags in and stayed with me till I was all checked in. What a nice guy--just like everyone associated with the clinic--in fact, almost everyone in Spain from my experience! Love the Spanish people. So great..

The flight from Marbella to Madrid was delayed due to lightning--they needed to refuel and couldn't with the lighning so close, so I did my best to stay in Easy World and not worry about missing my flight from Madrid to NYC, and sure enough, making a long story short, I made it just in the nick of time, thank goodness. The flight across the ocean was uneventful, and I sat next to a lovely young Spanish woman who was headed to NYC for a week of sightseeing with friends. She'd never been to the US, so it was really fun to talk to her about her plans.

Once in NYC, I had good help with bags and such and Customs did not even look at a single thing I brought in which was a wise call since I didn't buy anything at all. While I'd usually find this on the edge of offensive, my heart was warmed when the immigration control guy, in his Queens accent, said, "Welcome home, sweetheart" after checking my passport. As much as I enjoyed being in Spain, it was good to be home.

I was totally wiped out once I got to my hotel--a nice boutique hotel in Manhattan (the Affinia Dumont in Murray Hill)--and  was surprised and delighted to discover that they had the exact same high thread count cotton linens and down comforter as I'd had at the clinic! Really, really nice. And they have a pillow menu, so they had my pillow selections on the bed. It was a lovely night's sleep. Their staff was aces, too.They were all just wonderful.

On Friday, I met with the marketing and publicity folks from St. Martin's Press for a yummy Indian lunch at Tabla. They were all awesome. The four of us had a lively conversation and they are very much into Easy World! The head of marketing even told us his own EW story he believes came about as the result of reading the book when it happened. Love that! It is very encouraging that the folks in charge of getting the word out about Choosing Easy World "get" Easy World and understand the power of the book itself to cause a reality shift for its readers! They have some great plans for marketing CEW--yay!

After lunch, I headed back to the hotel where a car and driver had been ordered to take me to La Guardia so I'd be sure to have assistance with my stuff, etc. Worked out great. I got there very early out of an abundance of caution, so there was a lot of sitting and waiting. Finally, almost 3 hours later, my flight left for Dallas, and then after that, I got a flight to Denver. I kept choosing Easy World for sure because the flight to Denver was the last one of the night and by this time, I did NOT wish to spend the night away from home again! But things went as smoothly as can be, and I got to the baggage carousel in Denver around 11:00 and home just before midnight.

I was thrilled that stepdaughter #3 and her boyfriend had also come, so I not only had Rick waiting, but a lovely surprise!

Wasn't planning such a long description of my trip home, but there it is anyway! Oh--one of the main things that has made my re-entry such a challenge is that I was really, really hungry, and made the mistake of eating some airline food on the way (a lot of stuff I really am not to eat like bread, cheese and sugar) and with my system all cleared out as it was, it did not serve me well at all (aching joints, weakness, general yuck), so I'm still recovering from that and the trip itself, but as I said, I'm coming around! I'm eating lots of fruit and drinking green smoothies (kale & banana, primarily) and no animal products and just generally taking care of myself. It's been a little discouraging after having been in such fine shape when I left the clinic to be feeling less than great now, but I'm devoted to getting back to feeling fine and SOON!


Andrena said:

Hey Julia:

I checked and you are not over Kansas anywhere. LOL. Glad you made it home safely, I know you will have a swift recovery.

B & L,

Leave a comment

Type the characters you see in the picture above.

Where To From Here?

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Julia published on January 12, 2010 11:07 AM.

Mixed feelings was the previous entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.